An Interview with #StickonStump




#StumponStick Interview
By Peter Welmerink


I met STICK on a day that I was very depressed. Facebook was driving me crazy with all the political rants and warring factions who used to be friends. Twitter. No. Nightly news. God no! Work was plowing me under. I needed a pick-me-up.

And then I met STICK. He said: “Listen, dude, you gotta shellax. You are waaay too wrapped around the world’s axle. Let me take you to my favorite spot in the woods, and share some of my wisdom and thoughts with you.”

The rest is history.

Sit back. Relax. Release your cares of and for the world and life, and hang out with #StickonStump for a bit.

#


PJW: People have mentioned that you remind them a lot of THE THINKER. What are your thoughts on that.

#SoS: The Thinker (French: Le Penseur) is a bronze sculpture by Auguste Rodin. He’s a stature. I’m a stick. Stick on a stump.

PJW: People (mainly the grammatically correct) have said #stickonstump is not grammatically correct. What do you say about that?

#SoS: Correct. But that’s not the point. Anyone can have a STICK ON A STUMP. I’m the one and only #StickonStump.

PJW: What is your least favorite saying and how would you change it?

#SoS:  Life’s a bitch, and then you die. I very much dislike that saying. So negative and finalizing. I’d change it to: Life CAN be a bitch, but give that dog some love and learn how to walk it.

PJW: With your free spirit and positive vibes, would you have been a hippie in the 60’s and 70’s?

#SoS: No, I would’ve still just been a stick.

PJW: What do you say to people who are overly negative?

#SoS: Pardon my language, but STOP THAT SHIT!

PJW: What’s your favorite time of year?

#SoS: When someone sticks a marshmallow on my head, holds me over a sweet, warm, summertime fire, and makes a S’more out of my toasted hat.

PJW: What are your thoughts about the future?

#SoS: I have to keep moving forward no matter what. I need to stay positive and hope WELL for the future. It is up to me also to create and sustain a better future. I don’t know who said it, but, yes, THE FUTURE STARTS TODAY. And the future starts with YOU. Keep moving forward.

PJW: Have you ever known you were heading for a bad situation, a not-so-pleasant event, and what have you done to deal with it and/or overcome it?

#SoS: Many a time I have been on the road to a bad situation or experience in life, but the minute hand always moves forward, the time always marches on. I face it. Get through it, and move on. Bad situations. Rough times, are eventual in this life. It’s just how you view them. They can get you thrown under the bus and wrapped around the axle. You just need to ride that thing out, and try to get back on your feet afterwards. Sometimes you feel you are ALWAYS thrown under the ROUGH LIFE bus. So be it. Ride and roll with that sucker. Know you are NOT alone. Reach out to family and true friends for support. Enjoy the rain. Enjoy the heat of the sunshine.

#

StickonStump can be found on Facebook @StickonStump and can be reached at stickonstump@gmail.com

Join the #StickonStump cause and help bring #StickonStump positivity, motivation and inspiration to yourself and the masses by assisting in funding the #StickonStump Kickstarter campaign now through September 28th, 2018 at https://kck.st/2CdTgeb

#

Peter Welmerink is a local West Michigan author who enjoys and has written and published adventure fiction, many books involving his favorite place in this big bad world…West Michigan. He believes sometimes you just have to walk away from the bullshit, look ahead and keep moving forward.








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Weekend of StickonStump

You are meant to be YOU

Divine Intervention, or Right Place at Right Time, or Divine Intervention